Bowling Green
Parents Say Over-The-Counter Drug May Have Caused Daughter's Death
November 10, 2002

The mother of a Bowling Green soccer player who collapsed during a game last week says an over-the-counter inhaler might have caused her asthmatic daughter's death.

Wendy Dawley learned from her daughter's roommate that Leslie Dawley used a store-bought Primatene Mist inhaler about an hour before the match.

Leslie Dawley had lost her prescription inhaler. Her mother says Leslie may have made a bad decision to use an over-the-counter version.

Some Bowling Green players say they heard Dawley scream just before she collapsed on Tuesday. The Wood County coroner has not determined a cause of death.

Doctors for the company that makes Primatene Mist say it's meant more for short-term use and people should see a doctor for treatment.

Associated Press and Dispatch Productions, Inc., 2002. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

Today's General News


Headlines |  Sports |  Politics |  Business |  Health | 
Northwest |  Northeast |  Central |  Southwest |  Southeast |  Statewide





Do you think the U.S. is making progress in the war on terrorism?
(Choose Yes or No)
Yes
No








  

  

On ONN TV:

Dispatch Interactive: The Columbus Dispatch | WBNS-10TV | 97.1 More Music. | 1460 The Fan | ThisWeek Newspapers | ColumbusNow
Copyright 1995-2002 Dispatch Productions, Inc. - A Dispatch Broadcast Group Station HOME | PRIVACY POLICY